Living in a small Korean town is refreshing. Being surrounded by nature brings peace of mind.
There are many definitions on how to define a population, but for our purpose a village (Pohang) will be considered around 5,000 people and a small town around 125,000 people.
- Everyone knows the names of one another
- People will greet you when they are familiar with you
- Mornings are lively due to loud speaker announcements
- Tons of free time
- You have to play politics and watch your actions because others are
- Quiet – lots of time to enjoy the silence
- Peaceful – time to reflect and meditate
- Easy to make friends
- Cleaner air and less traffic
- Sense of community
- Woman may have an easier time in small towns due their provincial nature in other terms xenophobia with foreign men
In either case if you need some time to get away from it all you can try working in a small town for a year or two and see if it fits.